Saturday, September 4, 2010

What Have I Been Doing Lately?


I went to the Nauvoo Temple and also stopped at various favorite spots.


The end of Parley Street. Some of you reading this will remember walking here after the prophet suggested we do it following the dedication of the Nauvoo Temple. This is where the pioneers crossed the frozen Mississippi to escape.


Well, I'm not quite sitting in the rocking chair yet, but I'm loving the role of grandmother!
I love the statues in the garden behind the Visitor's Center.

Joseph and Hyrum statues. The background of the Mississippi River is very pretty and unobstructed by buildings now.



I also bought a new car! I know, I know, it looks a lot like my Caravan - exactly the same color, but it is a Honda CRV. I didn't really need the 7 passenger vehicle, but I like to sit up high, so this seemed perfect. It gets good mileage and has great safety ratings, so I'm happy:)

The weather is so beautiful right now. It cools off at night and we have been having lots of sunny days. My garden is still producing tomatoes and cucumbers - I have to give most of them away or I would be overrun! School is going well, so anyway, life is good:)

1 comment:

Lea said...

Like the new wheels!

Mormon Messages